It’s asparagus season, and I can’t get enough of it. Roasting asparagus brings out its very best. The tips get a tiny crispy in the oven, which I adore, and the flavor is much more concentrated than it would be if you steamed or sauted it.
Roasted asparagus is the ideal springtime side dish, regardless of whether for brunch or dinner. As a bonus, it’s easy to throw with each other even though your primary dish cooks on the stove.
For these pictures, I decked out my asparagus with lemon, mint, red pepper flakes and the lightest shaving of Parmesan.
You can preserve your roasted asparagus as simple as you’d like. I integrated the basic recipe beneath, plus tips for modifying up the seasonings!
How to Shop Asparagus
Pro tip: Area your asparagus in a heavy-bottomed jar or drinking glass when you get house, and include a couple inches of water. You can location a plastic bag more than the top to retain maximum freshness.
Then, keep the asparagus like this in your fridge. It will keep fresh for numerous days longer this way!
How to Prep Asparagus
The ends of asparagus can be unpleasantly tough and woody. To remove individuals components, sharply bend the asparagus close to the base.
The asparagus will snap in the proper spot. This would be a entertaining dinnertime venture for little ones, I feel.
How to Roast Asparagus
Roasting asparagus is super easy and quick! Simply toss your prepared asparagus with a light drizzle of olive oil, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. I like to do this on a big, rimmed baking sheet (affiliate hyperlink) lined with parchment paper for easy clean-up.
Bake until the asparagus is very easily pierced by means of by a fork, which will differ dependent on the thickness of your asparagus. Pencil-thin asparagus, like the type shown right here, will be carried out in as small as 10 minutes. Thicker asparagus will need amongst 15 to 20 minutes. You’ll find all of these details in the recipe below.
How to Season Asparagus
Here are some suggestions for flavors that will complement your roasted asparagus. Hold it basic and select just a single or two. Or go all-out like I did, and use all 4 of the initial concepts.
- Lemon zest and/or lemon wedges
- Sprinkle of finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Small handful of fresh mint or parsley, finely chopped
- Light sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- Pat or two of butter
- Light drizzle of balsamic reduction or thick balsamic vinegar
- Toasted sliced almonds
Added asparagus? Here are some recipes that will use it up:
Seeking a lot more easy roasted side dishes? Consider these:
Please let me know how your roasted asparagus turns out in the feedback! I’m really seeking forward to hearing how you serve it.
Perfect Roasted Asparagus
- Author: Cookie and Kate
- Prep Time: five mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Complete Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: two to four servings one x
- Group: Side Dish
- Approach: Roasted
- Cuisine: Italian
4.9 from 17 testimonials
Find out how to make properly roasted asparagus right here! This roasted asparagus recipe is a great springtime side dish that everybody will really like. You can season it however you’d like. You’ll find my seasoning ideas under. Recipe yields two large or 4 modest side servings.
- one massive bunch (about 1 pound) fresh asparagus
- 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a massive, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for effortless cleanup. Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus (if you sharply bend the asparagus near the base, it will snap in the appropriate place). Discard the ends.
- Location the asparagus on the sheet and drizzle with one to two teaspoons olive oil, just ample to lightly coat the asparagus. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the asparagus, and toss until the spears are lightly coated in oil. Arrange the spears in a single layer on the pan.
- Bake just until the base of the asparagus is simply pierced through by a fork. Really thin asparagus, like the type proven here, will consider as small as 9 to twelve minutes, whereas thicker asparagus will need to have 15 to twenty minutes.
- Transfer the roasted asparagus to a serving platter and season nevertheless you’d like. You could hold it straightforward with a squeeze of lemon juice, or a sprinkle of Parmesan, or include a pat of butter or drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- Roasted asparagus is best served when it’s fresh out of the oven, but it will maintain at area temperature for up to one hour or up to 4 days in the refrigerator (gently reheat just before serving).
Make it dairy totally free/vegan: Don’t include Parmesan or butter.
Make it nut cost-free: Don’t add almonds.